Measure business rules compliance across multiple domains. This is no easy task since data is generally spread across multiple data sources and data domains. Data integration and application of appropriate transformations need to be completed before the data profiling process is initiated. OpenDQ, with its integrated data extraction, transformation and loading capabilities, empowers users to measure business rule compliance across multiple data sources and develop complex data validation routines with ease. With OpenDQ you can:
OpenDQ is able to quantify complex business rules, such as:
- Measure complex data dependency business rules
- Measure attribute dependency business rules
- The sum of all the payments received from a customer over a period of time in a billing system should be equal to the agreed upon purchase price in a CRM order entry system
- Credit should not be extended to customers who are past due on payments tracked through an account receivable system, even though the status of the customer is "current" on a credit rating system
- Loan amounts collected from a customer, applying the appropriate interest percentages over a period of time. The interest rates might change based on a number of calculations derived from multiple data sources
- Calculated employee benefits, where pay rates are different based on the status of the employee, number of hours and years of service etc.
- Products shipped to a certain region must consist of parts that have been approved for that region for a given period
- Discounts available to a customer are dependent on purchase history, payment terms, quantity of products etc.